The Division of Applied Social Sciences (DASS) at University of Missouri-Columbia invites applications for the position of a Postdoctoral Fellow for the duration of one year. We are looking for an outstanding postdoctoral researcher to join our USDA-AMS funded project “The monetary and greenhouse gas value of the United States crop distribution network”.
We will explore the economic and greenhouse gas (GHG) emission impacts of weather extremes on the distribution network that moves corn and soybeans from the Corn Belt to export facilities. You will be working as an integral part of a research team based at DASS. The Principal Investigators of this project are Drs. Teo Skevas, Benjamin Brown and Wyatt Thompson. The position will have priority projects, led by Dr. Skevas, as well as opportunity to work with other faculty, fellows, and PIs on additional topics.
Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. in economics, agricultural economics, or closely related field.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Experience in panel data and price analysis
- Experience working with micro-data and large datasets
- Familiarity with STATA, R or similar statistical/mathematical tools.
- Evidence of the ability to conduct independent economic research and assume responsibility for the development and completion of research papers
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a research team, and work with other members of staff to meet the aims and deadlines of a project
- A track record in research and writing and the potential to develop further research expertise through various projects.
To apply go to: https://hr.missouri.edu/job-openings and search for Job ID 48639.
Applicants should submit:
- A cover letter that states applicant’s interest in the position and qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- The names and email addresses of three references
- One research sample
This position is open until filled. We’ll review applications as they come in.
Preferred start date: 01/01/2024.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Teo Skevas
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
Division of Applied Social Sciences, University of Missouri,
215 Mumford Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, P: 573-882-8496